Office of Cost Estimating & Project Management Support
Terry J. Brennan, Assistant DirectorEmail: email@example.com
MissionThe mission of the EMCBC Office of Cost Estimating and Project Management is to fully integrate sound cost estimating practices into all of EM's acquisition and project management processes by establishing EM Corporate cost estimating requirements and providing oversight for contractor-developed cost estimates, preparing Independent Government Cost Estimates to support EM Acquisition Center activities, preparing Independent Cost Estimates to support EM project planning and execution needs, performing Independent Cost Reviews of contractor-developed cost estimates, supporting Risk Management Planning activities, and expanding our role in EM’s Life-Cycle Planning processes to facilitate development of environmental liability estimates. This office also serves as the EMCBC's Project Management Organization (PMO), whose role is to improve the overall success of EM’s Clean-up projects by establishing standards and templates, providing project support through mentoring and resources, and by supporting the planning and execution of strategic, high risk, high cost, and complex EM Clean-up/Closure projects.
Office of Cost Estimating & Project Management Support Services Include:
Office of Cost Estimating & Project Management Support Useful Tools:
Cost Estimating Resources
- EM CE&A Overview
- EM ACE Team
- EM IGCE Policy
- Independent Cost Estimate Review Guide
- EM Cost Estimate Development Handbook
- EM Cost Estimating Process
- GAO Best Practices Matrix to EM Characteristics of a High Quality Cost Estimate
- ECAS Users Manual
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) Template
- GAO Cost Estimating and Assessment Guide
- DOE Cost Guide (DOE G 413.3-21)
- FY 14 Accomplishments
- Integrated Authorization Process (IAP) for M&O Contracts
- Integrated Authorization Process (IAP) for NON M&O Contracts
Project Management Resources
Contracting, Acquisitions and Assistance, Branch A
Loretta Parsons, Branch ChiefEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MissionThe mission of the Acquisitions and Assistance Branches are to support the Office of Environmental Management (EM) through the effective acquisition of supplies and services that meet our EM customer and departmental goals and requirements. We will partner with our EM customers to ensure we procure the best value products and services for our customers.
Office of Cost Estimating & Project Management Support
M. Allen Moe, Lead Cost EngineerEmail: email@example.com
The mission of the Cost Estimating team is to provide support in establishing standards, policy, and procedures to ensure that EM cost and schedule estimates are accurate, traceable, and reliable; development of Independent Government Cost Estimates and provide Independent Cost Estimating (ICE), and Independent Cost Analysis (ICA) capability to support EM acquisition and project management program requirements; provide independent cost estimating and analysis support to EM management decisions, the EM Acquisition Advisory Board (EMAAB), and EM budget formulation processes; and lead the development and management of cost and schedule databases, methodologies, and tools needed by EM to improve and standardize its cost estimating and analysis capabilities.
The core cost estimating and analysis functions the EMCBC Cost Estimating team will provide to EMCBC Serviced Sites include:
- Acquisition and Contract Management Support
- Performing life-cycle cost analyses
- Preparing Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE)
- Perform reasonableness or technical review of costs for contractor-submitted proposals
- Provide cost engineering support to Acquisition-related Source Evaluation Boards or Contracting Officers
- Support Contract Close-out activities by capturing actual project costs and integrating actual project cost data to the EM Environmental Cost Analysis System (ECAS)
- Project Planning & Execution Support
- Support Federal Project Directors (FPD) and serve on Integrated Project Teams (IPT)
- Provide support and oversight for contractor-developed cost estimates
- Prepare Independent Cost Estimates (ICE)
- Perform Independent Cost Reviews (ICR)
- Support risk management planning activities
- Support the establishment project-specific CE&A requirements (tailoring)
- Support performance evaluation activities ~ trend & cost variance analysis
Project Management Support Division
Margaret Marks, Project Management Support LeadEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Project Management Support Division is to identify key project management requirements and provide procedures that will enable accountable EM Small Site Office Managers and Federal Project Directors (FPDs) to effectively carry out their responsibilities for projects. The objective of the EMCBC Project Management System is to ensure that EM delivers its projects on schedule, within budget, and fully capable of meeting mission performance and environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) standards.
The core project management and control functions the EMCBC Project Management Support Division will provide to EMCBC Serviced Sites include:
- Provide independent oversight and report directly to the EMCBC Director, or Program Secretarial Officer, as appropriate.
- Serves as the Secretariat for the Consolidated Business Center Acquisition Advisory Board (CBCAAB).
- Coordinate quarterly project reports.
- Lead or perform Independent Project Reviews (IPRs) and Project Peer Reviews as requested by the AE or EM Field Offices.
- Develop and promulgate Program-specific guidance, policies, and procedures.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate lessons learned and “best practices.”
- Coordinate with other DOE organizations and offices, including OECM, to ensure the effective and consistent implementation of project management policies and directives.
- Provide assistance and oversight to line project management organizations.
- Analyze project management execution issues.
- Actively assist senior management on issues related to project management performance, including implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide support to the Federal Project Directors (FPD).
- Validate Performance Baselines (PB) for capital asset projects with a TPC less than $100M.
- Perform EVMS Surveillance Reviews of contractors with projects that have a TPC between $50M and $100M.